Monday, June 2, 2008

a time to move on

School is over. My first year of teaching has come to an end. It's been the most difficult and rewarding experience I've ever gone through. These kids who I spent my time with, trying to make an impression on, have left quite the impression on me.

On one hand, I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They drove me crazy, with their bickering and interrupting, their fifth grade attitudes coming into play every five minutes. On the other, I miss them already. I won't be the one they come to with their failures, accomplishments, jokes, and hand-picked flowers anymore.

They graduated last week. I cried. Yeah, I'll admit it. Knowing that they're moving on to junior high in a few months (yea! they made it!!) and that I won't be at the same school next year for them to come visit me and let me know how it's going...is difficult.

Teaching is difficult (and amazing) on so many levels.

No comments: