The first time we made them, they were light and fluffy but lacked much substance, so we altered a few ingredients. The second time, they were perfect!
I also tried making some vegan whipped cream to go on top! Below are the altered pancake recipe, in addition to the whipped cream recipe!
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place bananas in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Then crack eggs into food processor and mix together.
- Add the coconut flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Heat up a non-stick pan. We use a ramen spoon for the batter - it's about the equivalent of 2 tablespoons.
- Wait until each pancake begins to form bubbles on the surface, then flip. If you keep the pancakes smaller, they will cook more evenly and flip perfectly.
- For an added bonus, I use Enjoy Life non-dairy mini chips. They are perfectly-sized for these mini pancakes!
- 1 can of coconut milk, full fat (refrigerated)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 100% pure maple syrup (if you're going for vegan, choose the maple syrup option)
- Refrigerate coconut milk overnight (or for at least two hours)
- Open can and scoop out the creamy part. You can save the thinner coconut juice for flavoring other things, like smoothies or ice cream!
- With the creamy coconut in a bowl (don't use a shallow bowl!), use a hand mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes, or until it resembles whipped cream.
- While beating, add the honey or syrup. This step is optional, but gives your whipped cream a sweeter taste.
- Serve or refrigerate immediately. If you refrigerate, it's best to beat it again for 20-30 seconds before serving.